|This problem is now better understood. See this post for more details. The work around is implemented in 1.327.|
Kohsuke observed a problem to connect to a Windows Hudson slave on several Hudson instances. They have the following symptoms:
- Slave in question is a Windows machine (observed on XP, w2k and w2k3)
- The slave has an SSH daemon of some sort (so far it's only observed with MKS, although we don't know if it's related.)
- The master tries to connect to this Windows via SSH.
- The connection proceeds at least through halfway. You see some activities in the slave log, then it hangs.
- "jstack <PID>" hangs
- Process explorer fails to show the native thread dump in the "threads" tab of the process property dialog.
If your situation fits this description, please add a comment to describe your environment, and try the following work around.
- Specify the JVM options by clicking the "advanced" button in the configuration page of the slave. Set "-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=25589" as the JVM option. The port number 25589 can be anything.
- Restart Husdon, just to really make sure that Hudson master is attempting a connection in a clean state.