This plugin integrates Hudson with VirtualBox virtual machine.
The first step is the VirtualBox cloud configuration:
- Configure the VirtualBox server, that allows to remotely manage VMs, and start it.
| VBoxManage setproperty websrvauthlibrary null
- Manage Hudson -> Configure System -> Cloud -> Add a new cloud -> VirtualBox
- Set Name, URL, Username and Password
- Test connection
If it doesn't work, then you can try to disable authentication library by executing following command on VirtualBox host:
VBoxManage setproperty websrvauthlibrary null
If you got this error:
Runtime modeler error: Wrapper class org.virtualbox_3_1.IWebsessionManagerLogon is not found. Have you run APT to generate them?
Then you should upgrade Java (probably it is a bug in jax-ws). Also note that plugin was tested on Java 1.6.0_19.
Now you can setup your nodes in hudson and use them to build your projects:
- Add Manage Hudson -> Manage Nodes -> New Node
- Set Node name for VirtualBox Slave
- Select VirtualBox Host, Virtual Machine Name and Virtual Machine Type
- restore snaphot
- build wrapper
Version 0.2.1 (April 27, 2010)
- Fixed critical bug, which prevented creation of node (issue #6375)
Version 0.2 (April 18, 2010)
- Used official virtualbox library, reimplemented launch process
- Fixed delegation to user-specified launcher (issue #6276)
- Added type of start - headless or vrdp (issue #6279)
- VirtualBoxBuildWrapper disabled
Version 0.1 (April 12, 2010)
- Added VirtualBoxBuildWrapper
- Added VirtualBoxSlave
- Tested on VirtualBox 3.1.6 r59338, Hudson 1.346, Java 1.6.0_19
- First version published