Integrates Hudson with Jabber instant messaging protocol. Note that you also need to install the instant-messaging plugin.
This allows Hudson to send notifications via Jabber, as well as let users talk to Hudson and run commands.
The Jabber Plugin is now being maintained at the Jenkins site. It should still be compatible with Hudson installs unless otherwise noted.
See instant-messaging plugin.
Connecting to Google Talk
If you have a GMail or Google Mail account, specify the full e-mail address, such as email@example.com. If you are a Google App user, specify full e-mail address like firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: if you have a european gmail account, you may need email@example.com
Expand "Advanced settings" and put server address talk.google.com otherwise it .
If you experience any problems using the plugin please increase the log level of the logger hudson.plugins.jabber to FINEST (see Logging ), try to reproduce the problem and attach the collected logs to the JIRA issue.
- new feature: new chat notifier which prints the failing tests, too HUDSON-7035
- improvement: bot commands are now extensible and open for other plugins (see class BotCommand).
- improvement: added an extension point to customize the message the bot sends to chats for notification (see class BuildToChatNotifier).
- improvement: re-added legacy SSL support (seems like there are still some XMPP servers out there which need it) (HUDSON-6863 )
- fixed: disconnects (and no reconnects) when changing the global config (HUDSON-6993)
- improved behaviour when plugin is disabled. I.e. doesn't log unnecessary stuff.
- fixed: plugin's configure option not visible HUDSON-5978 HUDSON-5233
- fixed: notify upstream commiter would have notified committers of 'old' builds (HUDSON-6712)
- improvement: print useful project names for matrix jobs (HUDSON-6560 )
- fixed: don't delay Hudson startup (HUDSON-4346 )
- feature: userstat command for bot (HUDSON-6147 )
- fixed: don't count offline computer for the executors count (HUDSON-6387)
- improvement: print fully qualified Jabber ID in build cause (HUDSON-4970 )
- allow to pass build parameters with the build command (HUDSON-5058 )
- fixed: bot disconnected from conferences when expose presence was false (HUDSON-6101 )
- fixed connection problem with eJabberd (HUDSON-6032)
- fixed connection problem with GoogleTalk (HUDSON-6009, HUDSON-6018)
- if connection does not out-of-the-box, please disable SASL authentication (new Jabber option under 'Configure System') and try again
- fixed connection problem with Prosody server (HUDSON-5803)
ATTENTION again: there seem to be issues authenticating to several Jabber servers with this release. So currently the best option is to stay with Jabber v1.5 and instant-messaging v1.4. Sorry for all the inconvenience!
- fixed regression introduced in 1.6: old target configurations weren't read correctly (HUDSON-5976)
- upgrade to Smack library 3.1.0 (HUDSON-5805)
- ATTENTION: Legacy SSL is no longer supported. If you really need Legacy SSL, you should stay with v1.5 and instant-messaging plugin v1.4.
- Acceptance mode for subscription requests is now configurable (HUDSON-5836)
- Attention: this feature is not tested thoroughly, yet
ATTENTION: there seems to be an issue with reading old configs. I'll publish a fixed version shortly!
- compatibility with instant-messaging plugin 1.5
- new option to inform upstream committers (HUDSON-4629 )
- compatibility with instant-messaging plugin 1.3
- some very minor issues
- fixed: NullPointerException if plugin was disabled in global config
- works in secured Hudson instances if you specify a username and password for the Jabber bot
- new !comment command which adds a description to builds
- show dependency to instant-messaging plugin in update center description (D'oh, that didn't work as expected. Hope it will in 1.2)
- this version needs Hudson 1.319 or higher
- This is the first release which is based on the Instant Messaging Plugin
- Make sure that the instant messaging plugin is installed, too
- ATTENTION: Although much care has been taken to make this version compatible with 0.11 it cannot be guaranteed that all configuration options can be migrated successfully!
- enable/disable checkbox [HUDSON-2495]
- made reconnection logic more robust
- fixed status not going back to 'available' after build finishes (again) [HUDSON-4337]
- fixed per-job configuration display
- fixed jabber user-property not being visible
- command aliases in bot
- fixed status not going back to 'available' after build finishes [HUDSON-4337]
- option to inform 'culprits' on subsequent build failures
- fixed infinite loop if previous build was aborted [HUDSON-4290]
- plugin's Jabber status changes based on Hudson's busy state [HUDSON-620]
- fixed handling of single quotes [HUDSON-3215]
- started refactoring to split-out protocol independent part in a shareable plugin
- automatic reconnect on lost connections
- new notification strategy: "failures and fixes"
- default suffix for Jabber IDs. When entered, Jabber IDs can be inferred from Hudson user ids
I.e. Jabber ID = <hudson_id><extension> (issue #1527)
- 'botsnack' command massively improved
- 'status' command can show all jobs for a view (-v <view>)
- new 'health' command
- bot now also works in 1-on-1 chat (issue 4057)
- lots of refactorings and code clean up
- Two new commands are added: "!testresult" and "!abort"
- URL Encoding in messages for SCM suspects (issue #2693)
- Add legacy SSL support and alternate nickname for group-chat (issue #2699)
- Jobs with spaces can now be launched via messages (issue #2700)
- Notification for maven builds
- Updated to work with Hudson 1.218.
- Fix for url encoding (issue #909)
- Organized the configuration screen for gradual exposure to details.
- The plugin now works with Google Talk. (issue #1021)
- Improved help documentation.
- Fixed NPE when no initial group chat is configured.