This plugin generates the trend report for FindBugs, an open source program which uses static analysis to look for bugs in Java code.
This plug-in requires the utility plug-in "analysis-core" (called "Static Analysis Utilities" in the update manager). Please ensure that the latest version of this plug-in is also installed.
As noted by Jonathan Benoit, previously installed version of Findbugs may break, if latest version of "analysis-core" is installed with out updating Findbugs plugin.
This plug-in is supported by the Static Analysis Collector plug-in that collects different analysis results and shows the results in aggregated trend graphs. Additionally, health reporting and build stability is also based on the aggregated results.
The FindBugs plug-in scans for findbugs.xml files in the build workspace and reports the number of warnings found. This plug-in is part of the suite of static code analysis plug-ins that are documented on a separate WIKI page.
The following features are provided by this plug-in:
- Configuration of the files to scan after a build.
- Build summary showing the new and fixed warnings of a build
- Several trend reports showing the number of warnings per build
- Overview of the found warnings per module, package, category, or type
- Parsing of Maven pom.xml or Ant build.xml configuration files to obtain the module or project name
- Parsing of Java or C# files to obtain the package or name space name
- Detail reports of the found warnings optionally filtered by severity (or new and fixed)
- Short messages is read from the report file
- Detailed description is read from the FindBugs library
- Colored HTML display of the corresponding source file and warning lines:
- Direct link to the warning line
- Highlighting of single lines as well as line ranges
- Highlighting of multiple line ranges per warning (different color for primary range)
- Tool tip describing the warning message
- Failure threshold to mark a build as unstable
- Configurable project health support
- Support for the findbugs ant task and the maven-findbugs-plugin 1.1.1 and newer
- Works with the freestyle and native m2 build option of Hudson (activated on goal findbugs:findbugs or site)
- Remote API to export the build quality and found warnings
- Localization available for: DE, JA (Please help to localize findbugs for your locale!)