This plugin generates the trend report for duplicate code checkers like CPD.
This plug-in requires the utility plug-in "analysis-core" (called "Static Analysis Utilities" in the update manager). Please ensure that the latest version of this plug-in is also installed.
This plug-in is supported by the Static Analysis Collector plug-in that collects different analysis results and shows the results in aggregated trend graphs. Additionally, health reporting and build stability is also based on the aggregated results.
The DRY principle (don't repeat yourself) of the pragmatic programmers states that every piece of system knowledge should have one authoritative, unambiguous representation. The Hudson dry plug-in helps you to adhere to this principle by showing you the duplicate code blocks in your project.
This plug-in does not scan for duplicate code by itself; it only shows the results of duplicate code checker tools. Currently only CPD is supported. This plug-in is part of the suite of static code analysis plug-ins that are documented on a separate WIKI page.
The following features are provided by this plug-in:
- Configuration of the files to scan after a build.
- Build summary showing the new and fixed warnings of a build
- Several trend reports showing the number of warnings per build
- Overview of the found warnings per module, package, category, or type
- Parsing of Maven pom.xml or Ant build.xml configuration files to obtain the module or project name
- Parsing of Java files to obtain the package name
- Detail reports of the found warnings optionally filtered by severity (or new and fixed)
- Colored HTML display of the corresponding source file and warning lines:
- Direct link to the warning line
- Highlighting of single lines as well as line ranges
- Highlighting of multiple line ranges per warning (different color for primary range)
- Tool tip describing the warning message
- Failure threshold to mark a build as unstable
- Configurable project health support
- Works with the freestyle and native m2 build options of Hudson (activated on goal pmd:cpd or site)
- Remote API to export the build quality and found warnings
- Localization available for: DE, JA (Please help to localize DRY for your locale!)