The CollabNet Plugin is an integration with CollabNet TeamForge. Don't have TeamForge yet? Try our free 90-day trial.
Provided features include:
- Authenticate users from TeamForge. If setup as the "Build & Test" application, it can even use Single Sign-On.
- Authorization from TeamForge, including the ability to set permissions in Hudson based on roles in your TeamForge project.
- Upload the build log or workspace artifacts to the TeamForge Documents.
- Upload workspace artifacts to the TeamForge File Release System, as a post-build publishing task or as a build promotion task.
- Open/update/close TeamForge Tracker artifacts based on the Hudson build status.
- Upload workspace artifacts to the Lab Management Project Build Library. (Requires CollabNet Lab Management).
The CollabNet Plugin requires the Promoted Builds Plugin.
The CollabNet Plugin requires the Subversion Plugin .
The CollabNet Plugin requires a CollabNet TeamForge 5.2+ or CollabNet SourceForge 5.0 + server. The Authorization component will only work with CollabNet TeamForge 5.2 or later.
The Lab Management PBL Upload component requires a CollabNet Lab Management server. But don't worry, all the other components will work just fine without it.
Please submit any questions to the TeamForge forum.
1. Does this integrate with / update the SFEE Plugin?
No, the SFEE Plugin is a separate plugin that is not maintained by CollabNet. It works with CollabNet SourceForge 4.4, so it may be a good choice if you have an older version. Our plugin is not a direct upgrade. If you change from using the SFEE Plugin to the CollabNet Plugin, you will have to reconfigure your jobs appropriately. You should be able to use both plugins simultaneously, if you wish, although it might be a bit confusing.
2. Uploads fail when using an SSL-enabled TeamForge server. What do I do?
You'll need to add the server's certificate to your java keystore on the Hudson server. First dowload the certificate to your Hudson server. You should be able to get it by opening a browser window on the TeamForge server, viewing the certificate associated with that page, and exporting the certificate file. Then, you'll need to run something like "sudo keytool -keystore $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts -import -file teamforge.cert". (On Windows, replace $JAVA_HOME with %JAVA_HOME%). If you haven't changed your java keystore's password, it will be "changeit". After you've imported the cert to the java instance that Hudson is using, it should be able to upload.
3. I'm having problems with login and logout when using CollabNet Authentication. It seems to be redirecting to an unexpected site.
Go to the Hudson configure page and look in the Email Notifacation section. The CollabNet plugin uses the value of the Hudson URL set here for redirection. If it's wrong, logins will go astray. Check that it's set to the real Hudson URL.
4. I've setup authentication, but can no longer get to the "Manage Hudson" pages.&nbps; How do I get back into the system?
As long as you have access to the machine and user running Hudson, you'll be able to get back in. Just log into the machine. Find the Hudson home (by default, this will be the ~/.hudson directory of the user running Hudson). Edit the config.xml, changing the value for "useSecurity" to false. Restart Hudson and you should not need to log in to get access.
Version 1.1.5: Released 4/22/2010.
- Feature addition: Added configurable authorization cache when using TeamForge authorization to reduce load generated on TeamForge server
- Feature addition: Passwords are stored more securely
Version 1.1.4: Released 3/26/2010.
- Bug fix: SVN tagging plugin does not work with 1.1.3
Version 1.1.3: Released 2/26/2010.
- Bug fix: A ClassCastException that caused builds to fail when the Tracker or Document Uploader component was enabled, is now fixed.
- Feature addition: CollabNet Build & Test reauthenticates when TeamForge Single Sign On tokens from another user are observed.
- Feature addition: A Hudson job that is not associated with a TeamForge project can now be viewed and configured by all authenticated users.
Version 1.1.2: Released 12/21/2009.
- Bug fix: FRS now can upload when using master/slave configuration
- Bug fix: Error message related to Promoted Build plugin during startup
- Bug fix: Having a trailing "/" in a CollabNet TeamForge URL ended the user's session and prevented single sign-on with Hudson
- Feature addition: You can now use TeamForge's ScmViewer as the subversion repository viewer
- Feature addition: You can enable/disable SSO between Hudson and CollabNet TeamForge
Version 1.1.1: Released 09/03/2009.
- Bug fix: Fixed a 500 error when the plugin is installed using some browsers (IE 8 and Chrome)
- Bug fix: Fixed problem where triggered builds in Hudson (e.g., periodic build or poll scm) won't run if CollabNet Authorization is in use.
- Bug fix: Fixed problems that caused incorrect redirection on logging
- Bug fix: Fixed problem where, for some users, the 'Assigned to' field in the Tracker component could not be set
Version 1.1: Released 07/20/2009:
- Fix to make file uploads faster (as of r17463).
- Feature addition: Allow system-wide shared authentication which can be overridden for individual components (as of r18043).
- Bug fix: Fixed errors that occurred when running Hudson in an iFrame in IE (r18646).
- Bug fix: Fixed bug where SSO was not working on very first page load (r18684).
Version 1.0: Released 04/14/2009.