This plugin allows you to automatically abort a build if it's taking too long. Once the timeout is reached, Hudson behaves as if an invisible hand has clicked the "abort build" button.
|Because Java only allows threads to be interrupted at a set of fixed locations, depending on how a build hangs, the abort operation might not take effect. For example,
- if Hudson is waiting for child processes to complete, it can abort right away.
- if Hudson is stuck in an infinite loop, it can never be aborted.
- if Hudson is doing a network or file I/O within the Java VM (such as lengthy file copy or SVN update), it cannot be aborted.
So if you think the build time out isn't taking effect, our default assumption is that the build is hanging at the place that cannot be interrupted. If you suspect otherwise, please obtain the thread dump and report it.
- Remove debug output
- Update uses of deprecated APIs
- Option to mark builds as failed or aborted.
- The plugin now works with the native maven2 job type as well as the matrix job type.