|This plugin comes is not maintained by its owner for Hudson and is made available under the Install-Tested plugin category as described here. If you have any issues with this plugin please mail the Hudson user list and not the owner|
What does it do?
This plugin allows records from one Hudson to be published on another Hudson. The typical use case is for you to run builds within the firewall, then send the results to another Hudson which is facing the outside world.
How it works?
For the convention, let's call the Hudson that's doing builds private Hudson, and let's call the Hudson that's just broadcasting build results as public Hudson. The following pieces are involved to make this work:
- Both private and public Hudsons need to have the build-publisher plugin installed. This plugin makes Hudson capable of sending records to public Hudson.
- Private Hudson is configured with information about public Hudson(s) that it wants to send data to.
- Jobs on private Hudson need to opt-in to the publication (through the job configuration.)
Once this is set up, build records from private Hudson is sent to public Hudson, through HTTP. If a corresponding job will be automatically created on the public Hudson and kept in sync with the private Hudson.
|For this arrangement to work correctly, two Hudsons need to have more or less the same version of plugins.|
Configuration and usage
Public Hudson instance is configured on the global configuration page. You have to specify name, URL, administrator username and password, as shown on the following screenshot.
Check "Publish build" on the job configuration page int the "Post-build Actions" section to mark the project for publishing:
To check the status of publishing go to "Dashboard" -> "Manage Hudson" -> "Build publishing status". In case of any problem during build transmission, you can restart the publishing thread or reschedule interrupted transmission (otherwise the thread waits for 10 minutes and tries again).
Missing features and known bugs
- Views don't get synchronized automatically
- The plugin isn't able to deal with matrix projects whose configurations (axis) have changed (I had problems reproducing this lately)
The plug-in is being maintained by its owner/maintainers from a [new home|https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Build+Publisher+Plugin]. Check the Tier info for details of compatibility
Version 1.10 (2010/09/08)
Version 1.9 (2010/08/05)
- Added option to disable triggers on public Hudson (HUDSON-3802)
Version 1.8 (2009/12/28)
- Fix link to matrix configuration
- Update uses of deprecated APIs