This plugin adds batch tasks that are not regularly executed to projects, such as releases, integration, archiving, etc. In this way, anyone in the project team can execute them in a way that leaves a record.
When you install this plugin, your project configuration page gets additional "batch tasks" option as illustrated below:
A batch task consists of a shell script and a name. When you execute a build, the shell script gets run on the workspace, just like a build. Batch tasks and builds "lock" the workspace, so when one of those activities is in progress, all the others will block in the queue.
Once a task is configured, the project top page gets "task(s)" link, as illustrated below:
If you click that, you can see the status of all the tasks. You can schedule the execution of a task from here, too. Task executions are numbered like "123-456" where 123 portion refers to the latest build and 456 portion refers to the sequential number (so that you can execute a task multiple times with the same build.) The build number portion is significant because when a batch task runs, it sees the workspace as of the result of this build.
The details of the task execution and its console output are available by further clicking a task of the interest, as below:
Version 1.14 (Nov 11, 2010) - requires Hudson 1.383+
- Fixed an AbstractMethodError when running with Hudson 1.383+ (issue #8033)
Version 1.13 (Feb 10, 2010)
- Use resizable text area for task script. (issue #5578)
- Apply environment settings from setenv plugin when running tasks. (issue #5580)
- Show links to downstream tasks on project page. (issue #5582)
Version 1.12 (Feb 5, 2010)
- Lock workspace during task run to prevent owner project or other tasks from using the same workspace. (issue #5285)
- Show animated ball icon for Tasks link in sidepanel when a task is running. (issue #3372)
Version 1.11 (Jan 3, 2010)
Version 1.10 (Dec 7, 2009)
Version 1.9 (Nov 5, 2009)
- Add "trigger even if build is unstable" selector for invoking tasks as a post-build action. Previously the tasks were always invoked (even for failed builds); now they will only run if the build result meets the required threshold (and never for failed builds).
- Fix build number written to job log when task is invoked as a post-build action (was off by one)
- Fix broken image for aborted task (grey ball)
- On task page, show only builds for this task in Build History (instead of all tasks)
- Avoid error if try to run a task when there are no builds for the project
Version 1.8 (Aug 28, 2009)
- Improved the error diagnosis and recovery when a build no longer has a workspace (report) – requires Hudson 1.319 or higher.
Version 1.7 (Mar 31, 2009)
- Allow non-admin users ability to manage and execute tasks (issue #1198)
Version 1.6 (Feb 27, 2009)
- Updated to work with recent versions of Hudson (issue #3173)
Version 1.5 (Jan 27, 2009)
- Fixed a bug "batchtask in queue causes NPE at startup" (issue #2925)
Version 1.3 (Jan 29, 2008)
- Updated to work with the latest version of Hudson, so that it won't cause AbstractMethodError (report)
- Last successful/failed builds were computed incorrectly (issue #1012)
- Icon size in task list is now configurable (issue #1010)
Version 1.2 (Nov 16, 2007)
- Task can be now individually deleted from the left menu
- Build number should start from 1 (issue #991)
- Tasks now work on Windows (issue #985)
Build icon in task list is not larger than the other icons ( issue #1010 )
Version 1.0 (Oct 18, 2007)