Backup plugin allows archiving and restoring your Hudson home directory.
The Backup plugin adds a new Backup manager item in the Manage Hudson page. This item allows (cf. screenshot below):
- Tweaking backup settings (using the Setup link)
- Backuping Hudson's configuration (using the Backup Hudson configuration link)
- Restoring Hudson's configuration from a previous backup (using the Restore Hudson configuration link)
|Note from the current maintainer|
There are two other alternatives to this plugin:
- The SCM Sync configuration plugin allows automatically tracking changes brought to the global configuration of Hudson and to the jobs configuration into a configuration management system (Subversion, etc.).
- The thinBackup plugin focuses on backuping Hudson's global configuration and jobs configuration. It also offers a scheduling feature (if you think the efforts on this plugin and the Backup one should be merged, just notify us!).
So pick the one which fits your needs
Version 1.6 (12/10/2010)
- Added a new Configuration files (.xml) only option to backup only configuration files.
- Added a new No shutdown option to trigger backup without shutting down Hudson.
- Added some icons in the Backup manager screen.
- Fixed HUDSON-7634: Hudson backup deletes home directory and hangs.
Version 1.5 (07/01/2010)
- Implemented HUDSON-6892: Allow configuration of custom exclusions
- Implemented HUDSON-5305: It is no more possible to use tar.gz and tar.bz2 compression formats from Windows anymore.
- Fixed HUDSON-5929: Some images were not displayed.
Version 1.4.1 (02/21/2010)
Version 1.4 (02/11/2010)
- It is now possible to define which files/directories have to saved from jobs' workspaces using a set of Ant includes/excludes patterns (refer to the @includes of Ant fileset for the exact format):
- Backup content is now configurable
- Only one backup in the same time is possible
- Maintenance release to remove a redirection problem on settings form submission when hudson is not the ROOT application (on http://myserver/hudson urls)
- Backup should run in the higher security privilege (report)
- Tar formats supported
- Configuration section
- File to restore selection
Version 1.0 (04/10/2009)
- Initial realease including manual file selection and ZIP format